More info: Barking Rail Station is an interchange station located on Station Parade, in the town centre. As well as serving the London Underground District and Hammersmith and City lines, the station also runs regular main line services to London Fenchurch Street, Gospel Oak and Southend.
Barking Rail Station was opened in 1854 by the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway as one of the first stations on the route. The original station building was rebuilt in 1908 and then again in the late 1950s, to coincide with the electrification of the railway. The new building was opened by the Queen in 1961 and has since been given Grade II listed status.
As well as passenger traffic there is freight movement including freight to and from London Gateway port and Tilbury, aggregate trains to and from Dagenham Dock and cement trains to and from Thurrock and Dagenham.