Hacienda Riquelme Golf Resort
- Hacienda Riquelme Golf Resort: is 5 minutes from the town of Sucina and 2o minutes inland from the Mar Menor Sea and the Mediterraniean Sea on the Costa Calida in Murcia Region. Click on this MAP-
Hacienda Riquelme Golf Resort was built by Polaris World Resorts between 2009 and 2010 and consists of stylish apartment blocks spaced around large communal pools, landscaped gardens and the beautifully maintained golf course, on the 175-acre development. The golf club house is situated in the original Hacienda building known as the Casόn which also houses the on site restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining, a well stocked supermarket and the Palomar bar.
Hacienda Riquelme Golf Resort has wide open spaces and beautiful views and is ideal for walking, cycling and enjoying the outdoors.
On the resort there are:-
• 1864 apartments in 78 blocks that are built round an 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Championship golf course.
• 19 swimming pools
• 5 Lakes
• 6 children's playgrounds
• 2 paddle tennis courts
• 2 petanque courts
• 2 tennis courts
• Golf Shop
- The layout and design of the Resort centres on the 18 hole golf course. Click on the image for a full scale drawing of the Resort
• Excellent 24/7 Security.
• Gardening and irrigation water.
• Maintenance of buildings.
• Swimming pool maintenance for 19 pools.
• Lift maintenance
• Resort Administration (A Spanish company is employed to manage the administration of the resort).
• Building cleaning.
• TV, Internal Telephone and Broadband to each apartment.
• Building Insurance.
• Electricity for communal areas.
• Pest control.
The resort is 2.8 kilometers from the entrance gate to the town of Sucina - about a 30 minute walk or a 10 minute bike ride. Click on this link for all the details on Sucina.
The town of Balsicas is a 10 minute drive away and has a train station which connects to Murcia and from there to the rest of Spain. Hacienda Riquelme Golf Resort is close to motorway access which means so many places are within easy reach. San Javier airport, Los Alcazares and the Mar Menor beaches, are just a 20 minute drive. The cities of Cartagena and Murcia are 25 minutes. Alicante airport is 55 minutes. The popular La Zenia Boulevard Commercial Centre is 20 minutes away and as well as fashion outlets has stores for electrical goods, furnishings, DIY etc. The newly extended Dos Mares shopping mall is in San Javier.
Hacienda Riquelme Golf Resort sits in scenic open countryside and provides ample opportunity to those who enjoy walking and cycling, there is even a cycle track which goes all the way to San Javier. The lake at Torremendo is around a 20 minute drive through the countryside and provides good carp and black bass fishing.
- Medical Assistance The medical centre in Sucina is located HERE is open from Mondays to Fridays from 8 am to 3.The phone number is 0034 968 58 06 32. Los Arcos The newish hospital and is just 12 k away.
- Dentist Clínica Dental Olident is at Calle Rosario, 4, 30590 Sucina, Murcia Tel: 968 370 911. The Dentist is Doctora Mari Carmen Olivares Perez. and she speaks English. Visit this website for details
- Vet Petlovers Centro Veterinario is at Calle Mayor, 3, 30590 Sucina, Murcia Tel: 968 109 065. The Vet is Susana Pérez and she speaks English. Visit this website for details
- Buses There are two buses a day that go from San Javier via Sucina to Murcia in both directions. The fare costs €2.00 . Visit this website for details
- Trains There is a train station at Balsicas just 10 kms from Sucina that has several journeys a day (in normal times) to either Murcia or Cartagena. The cost is €3.80 one-way. Visit this website for more information. There is plenty of parking around the station and you can buy your ticket from the ticket office, a ticket machine or from the conductor on the train.
- Taxis There are several taxi companies operating out of local towns.
- Airports There are two airports servicing Sucina. The nearest is Corvera which is a 25 minute from Sucina and Alicante is an hours drive, This MAP shows the location and driving routes to the airports. There is a bus service from Corvera to Roldan, however it is slow and expensive. It is best to use private airport transfer services that are not advertised.
- Swimming Pools There are 19 pools available to the residents and their guests.
- The resort has a fabulous 18 hole par 72 course designed by Jack Nicolaus. Visit this website of the HACIENDA RIQUELME GOLF SOCIETY for more information on the course. However There are numerous Golf courses within an hours drive of Roldan. This MAP shows the locations of Golf courses in the Murcia Region. This site CLUB MURCIA has excellent information on all Murcia Golf Courses.
- Fishing The lake at Torremendo is around a 20 minute drive through the countryside and provides good carp and black bass fishing.
- Shopping There is a well stocked Spar supermarket on the Resort adjacent to the club house. In Sucina there is a large supermarket with a butchers counter and a smaller supermarket along with hardware stores, furniture shop, chemist and clothes shops. In San Javier 25 minutes away there are large super markets including Iceland, Mercadona, Aldi, Lidl, Dia and Consume. This MAP shows the nearest the shopping malls, big hardware stores and Ikea.
- Fitness Gym N Tonic is a Gym fitness centre in Sucina
Restaurants, Bars and Cafes. On the resort at the club house there is an excellent bar and Rarestaurant. Go to Trip Advisor for a selection of the excellent restaurants in Sucina. This page is constantly updated